Friday, October 29, 2010

"Where Ya Been?"

Wow...it's been a while and I won't bore you with all the details, but it's been a busy fall season.

We just moved into a new house two weeks ago, so things have been a little on the disorderly side for a while.  But I found my computer and some wires and another doohicky that makes it all work and here I am!  How are Ya?


But over the past couple of months, I've been doing some concert dates, leading worship at Chapelwood here in Houston, and I produced a new record for an artist in Dallas.  He contacted me via facebook and from there we struck up an arrangement for me to work with him on his new project.  It's been a while since I've been on the arranger/producer side of the glass but it was great fun.

Wesley Putnam has been around music ministry for a long time.  He spends a couple of hundred days a year on the road with his wife, Felicia so it was nice to get to know them and to have the opportunity to help with his new recording.  Beautiful songs, beautiful voice and heart!

So the final mix process took me to Nashville to put the finishing touches on the recording.  And, heck since I was there anyway, I spent a couple of nights with my son, Neal, his wife, Lindsay and their three boys.  Both nights I was there, we all went to the ballpark, played catch, took a few swings and ran some bases.

When we first got to the field, we just started tossing the ball around and that alone was enough to fill me up to the brim.  I remember playing ball with Neal and Adam as little guys and loving those special times with my sons.  Now, with grandsons, it's no less sweet than before.  Sam is almost 8, Gabe 5 and Luke will be 3 in January.  Sam asked me to throw him some pop flies so he could work on his glove skills.

When I woke up the next morning and couldn't lift my right arm, I wondered "What the heck?" and then remembered the pop flies. 

It's good to be getting settled in the new place and I hope to be more in touch more regularly.  Thanks for your continued prayers and support.

Next week, on November 4th, I'll be in Boise, ID doing an anniversary concert for KTSY Radio.  Then flying to Phoenix for an event with evangelist, Luis Palau.  Tuesday, November 9, I'll drive up to Lufkin, TX to play for an event for a pregnancy center there.
On November 17, I'll be taping a new Christmas special for Daystar Television here in the Houston area.  I'll let you know when it'll show.


From top to bottom . . . Me, Luke, and Sam
  then Luke in a close-up  . . . . then Me with Gabe  . . . then with Sam

Blessings....Wayne

3 comments:

Keith Shields said...

Thanks for the photos. It is great to see you enjoying your family.

Dave Rollins said...

Wayne, glad you are back. Fantastic family.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you that your calender is full of so many neat concerts and places to minister. And to top it off your new phase of life seems more relaxed. My family's life is more relaxed as well these days. My youngest daughter's anxieties are almost gone with homeschooling and the help of her nanny and my husband and I teaching her with a great curriculum. My oldest daughter has had a really great start in high school..grades are great,her friends and groups to hang with are precious fun Christian kids,plays,accapella choir,pop choirs...It's never boring for either one of them or us. But that's what being a parent is all about. Whew! Ihope your fall is fun too.

Linda